Wednesday, January 21, 2009

By Jesus Stripes, I Am Healed !!! - Part I

Why do we get sick? Any one got any idea?

Well, as I was writing this, I’m actually on medical leave for 2 days. I’ve been coughing since 2 weeks ago. Today I went to see the doctor for the 3rd time. Guess what? I was told that this round I will be given a better anti-biotic… Indeed, it was personally taken out from the doctor’s cabinet instead from the usual place where the nurse normally took it for patient. And most importantly, the price is also much higher… so better medicine = higher price ;-P

Ok, sound serious rite? Cough for almost 3 weeks. See doctor for 3 times liao. Especially the night, I have to wake up so many times because of coughing. (Sorry darling, because of me, I have caused you so many sleepless nights. I praise God for such an understanding wife that I have.)

In fact, when I split out the Phlegm last night, I can see some spotting of blood in it. (Alright I admit, that’s the reason why I visited the doctor again. Hey, blood leh… You think what? Hero? Cough till phlegm got blood, you not scared meh? ) Worse, guess what the doctor said? She actually told me that if this round, I’m still unrecovered, I will need to go for X-ray. Aiyo… Now it sounds really serious hor? Cannot make it…

Alright, me and my never ending “talks” again… come back Thaddeus… ok where am I??? Yes, why do we get sick? As usual, anything doesn’t know… “Google it”.

Okay, we get sick due to germs that get into our body… attack us… that’s how we get sick. A search on germs, I saw an article by Louis Pasteur who developed the Germ Theory.

“Germs and other microorganisms can only feed on dead tissue in the body. The tissues in our bodies start to die as the pH balance of our bodies becomes too acidic. The acidic environment of an unhealthy body gives the germs freedom to feed and grow.” And before he admitted near the end of his life, he added that “it was not the germs which were the problem of disease, but the medium in which they lived.”

Another search, I saw another interesting article by Annemarie Colbin, Ph.D.

He mention about Paracelsus who lived at the end of the 15th and the beginning of the 16th Centuries. Paracelsus considered that there were five major causes of illness.

1. External – Usually caused by the environmental. For example, excess heat, cold, dampness, wet, wind, pollution, acid rain, electromagnetic fields… etc

2. Poisons – Things (impurities) we eat. Example, spoiled food, contaminated food, poisonous substances, bad or refined or junk food… etc

Interestingly, he mention something about Colostrum, the watery substance secreted by the mother for the first two or three days after birth, is a major factor in a person’s lifetime immune strength: Colostrum cleanses and colonizes the infant’s intestines with healthful lactobacillus, and thereby sets up the immune system for life.

Mmm… is that the reason why for the past 2 centuries, we received more and more news on new diseases that kill more people than before? More infants these days are surviving on infant formula than breast milk… Is the world having more diseases or is the mankind getting weaker? People who has not given birth or who are going to have children… Take Note.

Btw, Mum… you fed me with breast milk when I’m a baby?

3. Psychological – Mainly due to Stress and it is defined as lack of sleep. As we repair our bodies during sleep, when we don’t get enough of it, we don’t get the chance to repair properly, and disease ensues.

4. Hereditary – inherit the weaknesses of our parents and ancestors, and may be more likely to suffer the same illnesses as they did.

5. Karmic – Spiritual… anything that we can’t resolved or explain using our modern science.

So what did we learn from this 2 articles? (of course, if you have a lot of free times… you can always search it up for more articles on it… me 2… hey, I’m sick you know? Comment from 2 articles is a lot liao… somemore got to spend time to write this blog, read more, think this blog can never write finish… ;-P)

I don know for you… at least I know we should held responsible to our own health. As Louis said, the main problem is the medium that the germs “stuck” on. That’s our body. Look after our own body and no matter what germs that “stuck” on us, we will be immune to it.

So how do we go about doing it?

What did Paracelsu said?

1. External causes by environment => COLD? Wear a jacket. HOT? On the fan, try not to stand under the hot sun, wear comfortably, if necessary go and bath. (Do I have to explain all that?)

2. Poison??? => Look at what you eat. Know what and how much you should/can eat. Don’t anyhow eat.

3. Psychological? Stress? => Go and Sleep!!!

4. Hereditary? Genetic issue? => Look after your own health, it should not exist in the first place. It is the thought and the fear of it that caused it to happen than it should exist in the first place.

5. Karmic? Yes, actually I love this the most. For me, no matter how or what… I do believe there is GOD. He loves us and he wants us to be in good health.

In fact let me tell the world about GOD and Christian…

Let’s us look in the bible, we will know that the world has fallen. God created a world free of pollution. In fact he even declared it as VERY GOOD… (Genesis 1:31) However ever since then, Man has been tearing down forests and jungles and added in more and more “ingredients” into the air we breath.

God even taught us what we should eat… (Leviticus 11), it is the creation of God for mothers to have breast milk for the child to drink, but now we use infant formula. (Okay, you might have your reason… maybe breast cannot produce enough… etc…)

Even God rested after he created the heaven and earth on the seventh day… (Genesis 2:3) Who are we to work days and night without resting? He even commanded Man to rest on the seventh day… (Leviticus 23:3 – Sabbath Day) Even the earth got to rest on the seventh year… (Leviticus 25:4-5 – Sabbath Year) So who are we to be so stress? In fact, as a Christian, we should be proud to declare that, “We are too blessed to be stressed”!!!

Genetic? Again, as a Christian, we are new creation from God. Old things have passed away and all things have become new… (2 Corinthians 5:17) Genetic problem? Yes we do have it, but its God’s genes now… so as the Lord is, so are we in this world… (1 John 4:17) Strong and Mighty is he!!!

Suddenly, after writing all these… I’m so glad that I’m a Christian. Bible is really a book by God. He answers every single of our needs… (Psalm 23:1)

Oh Lord, by your Stripes, I Am Healed!!! (Isaiah 53:5 & 1 Peter 2:24)

God, I know my faith is not there yet, nevertheless, I know that your son has redeem all my sin on the cross and healing belong to me, so let the miracle fall on me. In Jesus mighty name… Amen!!!




-----00O00-----


PS: what about Karmic??? Do I still need to explain that??? Give me a break.

No comments: